Step into the captivating world of Shibari, an ancient form of artistic Japanese rope bondage that offers both artistic expression and a powerful embodiment practice. Whether you seek artistic exploration or want to infuse playfulness into your life, Shibari can be a wonderful tool for self-expression, boundary setting, and fully embracing your desires.
Join us for a playful and informative 4-hour workshop where you'll learn the ropes of Shibari in a non-judgmental, safe, and open space. Discover the art of rope tying through interactive games designed to spark creativity and push boundaries. This workshop invites you to tap into your body, fostering comfort in your own skin and empowering you to communicate your wants and needs.
What to Expect:
- A playful and informative 4-hour workshop to learn the ropes of Shibari
- A non-judgmental, safe, and open space for expression and connection
- Interactive games to encourage out-of-the-box thinking with rope tying
- An opportunity to delve into your body and feel at ease in your own skin
In this workshop, you will learn:
- Consent and negotiation for rope tying
- Effective communication
- Rope safety guidelines
- Basic knots and ties to get you started
- How to join ropes and explore other foundational techniques
This interactive class encourages you to flow with the rope in your own unique way, inviting you to explore the depths of your creativity and self-expression.
While this class is best experienced with a partner, attending alone is also welcomed.
Who is this for:
Men, women, and individuals of any gender fluid identification
Those who are curious about Shibari
Couples seeking to deepen their bond
Individuals from all relationship orientations, including mono, open, and poly
What to Bring:
- Your beautiful self, ready to explore and learn
- A curious mindset & open heart
- A yoga mat
- A bottle of water to stay hydrated
- Knee blankets or cushions for added comfort
- Rope if you have
Please contact me if you would like to order a set of cotton bedroom ropes
About Your Practitioner:
Iris-Moon is an internationally accredited Reiki Practitioner with a specialization in intuitive healing and Shibari. With a rich background in various healing modalities, including Reiki, traditional healing, and ritual space holding, Iris-Moon embarked on her own healing journey eight years ago.
Through her training with the Reiki Association of South Africa and Zanemvula Traditional Healing, she has acquired a wealth of tools to support others on their path of self-discovery and energy transformation on emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual levels.
Iris-Moon's teachings are rooted in the esoteric wisdom of Reiki, Shamanism, Shibari, and her personal healing experiences.
For more information, please contact your practitioner, Iris-Moon, at 071 5252 883.
Follow this link to get tickets